February 17, 2017

8 things to do on a rainy day

books 
You know when you wake up and see that it's pouring rain outside, the kind of rain that lasts for hours, if not all day long? For some people this is relaxing and for others it can mean the end pf the world, especially if they had planned an outdoor activity.
However, there are numerous other activites you can do indoors in a situation like this, I gathered a few ideas that I used in the past and they really worked for me, in the sense that my dark mood was lifted and I felt productive, therefor satisfied!

Here are 8 things you can do on a rainy day (or when you are bored):

1. Catch up with your reading! I often leave my lectures behind when I am too busy, so rainy days are the perfect moment for me to finish reading my novels; I am old fashioned, so I am always surrounded by actual books, not that I have anything against ebooks! Plus, hearing the rain outside while reading is quite soothing.

sewing sweater

2. Create something! If you are crafty and have a passion for hand made stuff, now is the time to get things done. I have postponed sewing beads on this sweater for more than a month now, but I finally got the job done and I am feeling so satisfied now, I just love the result! Same goes for creating jewelry, clothing, knitting, you name it!

sewing sweater2

3. Declutter your makeup: not just makeup, you can start on your wardrobe too. You might get exhausted just by thinking about it, but once you start, you will feel so relieved that you will feel the need to reward yourself with a piece of cake.

declutter makeup

This is only a part of my makeup. I organized the products I want to keep on the left side and toss the ones on the other side. No regrets! There is no use in keeping a product that has expired..eww..

declutter makeup3

4. Bake something! You ever wanted to try a new recipe of chocolate dessert but did not have the energy or time to do it? Now is the time to satisfy your curiosity. You will be so happy with the result, you will want to do it again!

5. Make lists: If you are not the most organized person in the world, maybe now it's a good start. Having written words listed on a piece of paper really makes you feel more responsible about the things you have to do. It can be a list of ideas for a holiday, a list of chores, books to read or movies to see and so on!

6. Color/Draw/Paint: Feeling artsy? The easiest way to spend time in an artistic way is with the help of coloring books! You now there are those beautiful books out there created by talented people like  Johanna Basford which you can color in any way you feel like. Trust me, the brain will start to work thinking "what color should I put here and there?" and once you see your work done, you will feel like a joyful kid.

coloring for adults

7. Watch a marathon of a new TV show: If you're like me and sometimes feel like doing nothing productive, you will have somewhere a list of new TV series that you planned to watch, but somehow you postponed it. When you have the time, get comfy on your couch and binge watch those episodes, if the show is good, you will stay up all night too!

8. Take a bath: This is maybe mandatory in this list, but hey, it does work! There is nothing more relaxing to me that sitting in a hot bubble bath, drinking wine, listening to blues by the candle light. It's a great way to end the day after you've completed the tasks above.


Let me know your thoughts about this and please, share with me your activities if you are ever stuck indoors, I am curious!

Happy weekend everyone!

22 comments:

  1. I love decluttering my wardrobe and reading. These are all amazing things to do!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly timed post! Love all the suggestions.

    Lisa Linh
    https://www.bylisalinh.com/blog/2017/2/15/creating-a-media-kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post my dear Anaivilo! I love doing all these things, especially making lists haha! Marathons of tv shows are also one of my favourite things, as well as creating things. I usually cut jeans when I have some spare time! Rain in Paris is so often so your post definitely comes in handy!
    Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend!
    xoxo
    Stella
    www.stellaasteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are things I would definitely do on rainy grim days! but I also sometimes end up snuggling in my blanket and catch up on y favourite tv shows! :P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these ideas! My go-to is definitely to catch up on reading. There's nothing better than curling up with a mug of tea and a great book :)
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are good tips! :) I used to love reading indoors on a rainy day. Now I have two little ones competing for my attention haha. But I'd like to get back to doing these relaxing things when they are older :)

    Hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are amazing

    www.thevogueword.com
    www.thevogueword.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gellie Ortiz AbogadoFebruary 20, 2017 at 5:13 AM

    Catch up on my reading. I so need to do this. xD


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I love this post because I was just DIYing my own pearl piece, too. I love that you were doing that. :) I am a little obsessed with pearls right now and it's a perfect thing to do even if it's not raining and you need a break. I find it so therapeutic to work with my hands. I can watch a movie or YouTube and just sew away. :) Awesome post.

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great list...loved your drawing....
    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good ideas! I need to go through my makeup...

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post!
    Kisses :)

    www.alasdeangel.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips and perfect since LA has been so rainy lately! xx, Erin - www.stylebythepeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tips! I tend to do house cleaning and organizing lol. Happy Monday!

    Liz
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Len Dela Peña ParentFebruary 20, 2017 at 9:28 PM

    This is amazing project, Darling! You look absolutely amazing! Happy Monday! Much love, Len www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely list - you're making me wish it was the weekend and I could justify spending some time baking and/or working my way through an entire box set haha :) Have a lovely week!

    ps. looking beautiful as always!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You came out with so many great suggestions! I usually end up making food/watching tv shows/creating something on rainy days. Have a lovely start of the week! x

    Andreea
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. great idea... love your post
    MAHI | http://thestyleride.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, really good tips! Would love to spend a rainy day while baking something! ♥

    www.heresometimes.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm used to rainy days here in Seattle hehe so I'm loving this list! I usually clean, binge on shows, and cook!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. reading and creating new things are my go-to :D
    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Every little word is highly appreciated! Thank you!