November 3, 2011

Neo-Classical Silhouette

qa

Have you often dreamed of traveling in the past in a certain era and feel all the history sorround you? Have I ever had such dreams? Countless times. When I see an old photograph of the city I live in, I start to reconstruct a certain image with people walking in the streets, old cars and beautiful fashion with extravagant hats and feminine silhouettes; I often do that when I am near a historical building, but due to all the cars, modern pavements and hustle around me, it's difficult sometimes. I am such a nostalgic person that likes to live in the past..
Here I am at the Romanian Athenaeum, one of the most beautiful landmarks in Bucharest.


qa3

The silhouette in the Neo-Classical period resembles very much with a column: high waisted skirts or dresses, simple, long, without the excessive crinoline, and as for the top, women opted for short jackets or blouses, and the fabrics were such as muslin, very thin, soft and with just the right amount of softness. I didn't necessarily tried to remake the silhouette, let's just say I was swept away by a dream..

qa2

qa8

qa5

qa4

qa9

qa6

qa7

Wearing: vintage blazer and bag, Insense top, self-made skirt, Stradivarius shoes, Kittenhood earrings.

28 comments:

  1. I like how you took inspiration from the architecture. Very beautiful look!

    Aryn
    Driftwood and Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue velevet jacket is reminiscent of that period and i really like it! It looks great with your adorable skirt and the earrings.

    Hugs,
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. foarte frumos , imi place combinatia de galben cu ciorapul...supeeerrr !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh this is lovely. I have a burgundy velvet cape and I had no idea how to wear it. Youțve inspired me dear...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...amazing pics!Love your outfit, the skirt and the blazer are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blazer and the skirt are fantastic. I love the transparency of the skirt. Last year I walked on Calea Victoriei and I photographed all the buildings that I liked. There were a lot of photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with your velvet blazerrrrrrr<3 me wants one on black.. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this silhouette! it's modern and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pics, my dear Oli. I love your skirt and that jacket is a dream.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely look!!
    follow each other? i'll wait your answer on my blog :)
    xx
    www.feedyourfashionmind.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply adorable!! I adore that skirt :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are even more beautiful when standing in front of the architecture...

    the color of your maxi skirt and yellow shoes are pefect match!

    -----
    From http://checkmyfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asta cred ca e una dintre putinele locatii placute din Bucuresti in care poti face poze... E asa de gri si de urat orasul asta ca ma deprima. Uneori:D
    Aaaaaaaanyway, you look so pretty Olivia in that velvet jacket. Oh, and i'm still in love with that see through skirt! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos, your outfit goes really well with this scenery!
    Amazing jacket & those shoes are so pretty :)

    http://graylavender.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous pictures! love your outfit!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the skirt!

    www.geekettegazette.com
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. in love with the dark blue on your blazer...look so pretty!
    http://secondvogue.blogspot.com/a

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh! This outfit is amazing! We love it so much! The transparent style looks so wonderful!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for the lovely words!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beyond perfect is the maxi! We really love this look on you! The pale blue is amazing!

    ox,
    -Davie+Erica
    Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

    >http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this silhouette!! That skirt is gorgeous. You did a great joy making it. :)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful architecture indeed, and your outfit is just as amazing as always!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply simply gorgeous!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Every little word is highly appreciated! Thank you!