March 13, 2012

Roaring Twenties

tr6

There is something about the '20s that attracts me in a special way, no matter what small obsession I may have for other past decades in certain moments, I am constantly being drawn to that era, an era with nonchalant attitude, with freedom of movement, with jazz, with laughter without being constrained by society or manners.
When TINA R contacted me for a collaboration and suggested me this dress, imagine how I immediately built up a story in time. I felt dressed like this as if I were a character in "Midnight in Paris" or a dancer at the cabaret in "Chicago". Needless to say those are two of my favorite films and this dress is like ripped from that period of time ; the low waist, the elegance, the fringes.. I paired it with a self made headband, added some pearls and tried to make finger-waves in my hair (it's soooo complicated) and this is the result of which I am quite proud.

tr

tr2

tr4

tr7

tr3

tr5

tr8

Inspiration:

12

1920's Hairstyles - The Finger Wave -glamourdaze

1920 22

url

TINA R is a Romanian brand which for 18 years has enchanted us with both lovely, glamorous dresses and with feminine casual clothing for all types of women, that is way the brand celebrated in a unique way by forming the "Mothers&Daughters" campaign, you can check out photos here

You can check out posts made by other bloggers with TINA R products, right HERE!

Wearing: Tina R dress, New Look shoes, vintage purse, self-made headband, Stradivarius socks.

28 comments:

  1. I love what you did with your hair and how the dress' color complements your hair&skin. Also love that you added a modern twist with the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a flattering dress colour.Love how you pictured a 20s outfit transposed today.a more intense lipstick would've done the whole 20's trick, although is not mandatory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! Imi place mult cum ti-a iesit coafura, iar rochia si accesoriile sunt <3

    Hugs,
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab!Love this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorge! Love the 20's! You styled this perfectly!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    Vintage Collar Necklace Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is soo awesome! actually the whole outfit is very jazzy and dreamy ;) love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the 20's. Great inspiration.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is just incredible! The color looks so amazing with your hair!

    I feel the same way about the 1940's. The 20's are pretty amazing as well :)

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog. Stop by and say hello!
    http://www.fleur-d-elise.net/2012/03/spring-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love retro outfits! It looks amazing on you!

    http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. that dress is gorgeous! the `20s are my favourite period! you look so beautiful, love how you styled the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh ce cuuute <3!!! imi amintesti de tipa din Midnight in Paris <3! gorgeous!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stii ce parere am eu de moda anilor 20 si taliile alea(deci nu-ti mai zic iar:))) dar trebuie sa recunosc ca-ti sta genial, te prinde beton stilul asta iar pozele sunt provocatoare de salivatie. Deci Olivica ruleaza. Se stie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. not only does this dress look gorgeous on you, but the way you styled your hair looks fantastic...! you are just so beautiful altogether... :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed wonderful! Love the 2o's air of this look :) I'm imagining you Smoking, dancing Charlseton and wearing Chanel no 5.

    ReplyDelete
  15. soooooooo 1920's..
    I LOVE IT big time!!!!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, simply stunning!! I adore that dress, and what a beautiful headband :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best outfit ever. loving the inspiration and the cute touch of the socks.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous! i love the 1920's as well-- probably some of the best style to date.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredible dress!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the look...U look amazing dear! xxx

    http://www.facebook.com/therubberdoll

    ReplyDelete
  21. true inspiration. love 20s and how u've incorporated them in your outfit

    ReplyDelete
  22. whoaaa that combination of lacey dress and polkadot socks just blew my mind! very lovely! <3

    cheers,
    c.

    ReplyDelete

Every little word is highly appreciated! Thank you!