March 21, 2017

Styling a mini leather skirt

rain2 

 A mini skirt, nothing new on the horizon, I am aware, however I wanted to say that I really used to avoid this type of skirts because I felt they were too simple and my fascination for the retro 1950's knee length skirts was over the roof so that didn't help, but not long ago I began looking at mini skirts in a different light.
 Now, I still love circle skirts, they will always be my favorite thing to wear and this leather skirt you see it here is not new, but I love the shape of it and how it looks, so I wanted to dedicate an article to it, share with you my thoughts and maybe some guidance on how to style such a piece. 

 1. Make sure the skirt is made of thick leather (of course it can be faux leather) the idea is that there are faux leather fabrics that are lighter and cheap that it will simply crack and break in time - this will create a cheap look that will do no good.

2. Wear it with short sweaters that stop just about your waistline, it creates a very chic and fun look as opposed to the classic shirt/sweater tucked inside the skirt. 

 3. Over the knee boots are a must-have these days, they are the perfect match for any mini skirt and I am a big fan as well, however, today I wanted to wear them with a pair of ankle boos, mainly because it's March and well... my boots are locked up in my closet until December. 

 4. Pair it with a jacket that stops at your waistline - this option will make your skirt the center piece of  your outfit. Or, longer jackets or coats work just as fine, depending on what look you are aiming for.

rain3 rain5 rain rain6 rain4

Did you find these tips useful?
Let me know your thoughts on how you like to wear mini skirts, I am curious to know!

20 comments:

  1. Your jacket is just adorable
    -Kate
    http://www.katekoutures.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this skirt! One of my co-workers is wearing a leather skirt and I was just saying how I feel like I need to get one. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute skirt!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tips:* you look great! te pup
    @anatiganasu | www.thedress-sense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This leather skirt is way too cute! I also love that fun bag!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this skirt and how you styled it! I always wear a cropped sweater like you've done here :)

    Catherine
    www.thestylesynapse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute skirt! I always forget about tights so this is a great way for styling a mini skirt!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely skirt and I adore those rich cognac pieces you've added to the look, so perfect for spring, especially that bag! Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Len Dela Peña ParentMarch 22, 2017 at 5:58 PM

    You look absolutely amazing! You are such a doll. Flawless as always! You're the best!
    Much love, Len
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute look!!

    Alya / moorizzla xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your look from head to toe! So cute, edgy and a bit preppy :)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your styling tip of wearing a cropped sweater with leather skirts, as well as teaming one with over the knee boots! You look beautiful as always, and I love the black choker you've accessorised this outfit with :)


    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Worldwide Hotel Chocolat Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the neutrals here- and that skirt is so cute!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit is so pretty! You styled it perfectly.

    Liz
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You just can't go wrong with a leather mini skirt. It is such a chic piece to own and I love how you styled it with that camel jacket. Your red hair is really popping in these photos too <3

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous styling and tips! Leather skirts are so chic and perfect transition pieces for spring.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ana,

    Thank you for sharing your tips. I love this leather skirt. You look stunning!
    X
    Miri

    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The leather mini looks really great with peach and rust tones! love how you styled it!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your outfit looks fab!
    The colors you have used just go perfectly with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Every little word is highly appreciated! Thank you!