August 28, 2015

I am the cherry on top!

ch

 Well, well, look who appeared on the blog! A chic lady that travelled in the future from the 1940s. Joke aside, I have to say that I was so excited for this dress, I had fun creating this style, so it was something I really enjoyed.
I am fascinated by all retro, vintage inspired looks and I showed you in the past such outfit posts and each time I do it, it makes me feel confident and special (I really must've been some cool vintage lady in another past life)
 I got this dress from Dressin, they contacted me for a collaboration not long ago, and while I was browsing through their dresses, I found this particular one that really stood out and I thought that it really has to be mine. When it arrived, my world filled with rainbows and fairy dust for a few moments - I have to say now that whenever I look at it, I feel this urge to eat cherry jam.

About the outfit, I really wanted to create a retro look, hairstyle included with victory rolls and all that - it wasn't easy to make those rolls, I tell you that. I initially wanted to take the dress out for a picnic and be surrounded with real cherries, maybe even a cherry cake! Alas, it's the end of August and the cherries are gone so I'll have to wait until next year.

I hope you enjoyed this little incursion to the past, let me know your thoughts!

  ch 2ch 4 ch 5 ch 3 ch 6 ch 8

Wearing: Dress from HERE, no name shoes, vintage purse.



 

3 comments:

  1. Uahh, ce deliciu de rochie!! Si coafura exact pe masura ei, vintage pana la capat. Nicee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is gorgeous, Oli. You look like pin-up perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a zis Fede inainte...este delicioasa rochita, numai acest cuvant imi vine de cand am vazut-o!

    ReplyDelete

Every little word is highly appreciated! Thank you!